This incredibly tasty tofu pasta salad is not only simple to make, but healthful and refreshing. Feel free to use your favorite salad dressing, or simply mix with olive oil, basil, garlic, and a spray of lemon. Whatever works. The base of the salad is the pasta, tofu, and nuts, these ingredients create a flavorful combination that can work with your favorite blend of spices.
This recipe serves approximately 6 people and will take about 20 minutes to make. This recipe doesn't quite qualify for our calorie criteria for the blog, but it is so yummy, and a good treat to share. :)
Shell shaped Pasta – 6 cups cooked
1 16 oz. package of Tofu
1 cup mixed nuts, chopped (or whatever nuts you have on hand)
1 1/2 - 2 cups light creamy caesar dressing
Fresh Mint Leaves – a few sprigs
1. Cook the pasta as directed on the package. Drain it well and set aside.
2. Cut the tofu into 1/2 inch cubes
3. Chop the nuts
4. Mix the tofu, nuts, and pasta
5. Add the dressing and mix well
6. Before serving, add a few sprigs of mint of added flavor and texture
Nutrition per serving: Approximately 420 calories, 16 grams of fat, 42 carbohydrates, and 18 grams of protein.
The Surrender — Weekend Meditation
13 hours ago